Welcome to the first of the monthly foodie post!
Ramen is a popular food dish currently both because of its health, aesthetic and taste. I had Ramen for the first time in a cool hip restaurant in Portland called Afuri. So me being on this new year new me train decided to start making some ramen dishes at home, just because its packed with so much of the yummy vegetables and you can change and swop proteins and vegetables dependent on your mood.
- Baby Bok Choy
- 1 egg
- 100g Red peppers
- 100g Mushrooms
- Rice Noodles (if youre wanting to save time, use 2 minute noodle packet)
- 250ml Vegetable broth (I like my ramen with a little less broth because I can’t stand it when it splats on my computer, so add more if you would like)
- Soy Sauce
- Garlic, chilli
The broth can be substituted with whatever flavor broth youre making dependent on the flavor of ramen eg. chicken ramen – chicken broth
(After each round, rinse the pots and pans used and reuse them in the next round)
Egg and Pepper & mushroom mix.
- Heat up a frying pan with garlic and olive oil. Place peppers and mushrooms in the pan and saute till desired texture.
- In a pot, add hot water. Bring to a boil and place egg in the water. Boil egg till desired.
Vegetable Broth and Rice Noodles & Baby Bok Choy.
- Pour the vegetable broth in a small saucespan and bring to a boil. Throw your rice noodles in and leave aside to boil for about 10 minutes.
- Once the rice noodles have been cooked, pour noodles and broth into your bowl and cover it.
- In a frying pan, add garlic and chilli and soy sauce to the pan. Place the baby bok choy leaves into the pan and saute till desired texture.
- Add butter, dried mix herbs and apple vinegar to the sauce pan. Let it simmer for 3-5 minutes before adding the prawns.
- Allow the flavors to infuse and prawns and cook for 8 minutes if they are jumbo prawns if not roughly 4-5 minutes.
You can replace the vegetables with whatever vegetable you love and same goes for the meat/poultry and fish. Below I used chicken and didn’t have the patience to make an egg.
Enjoy making your own creations!